The Latest Pistol Innovations of 2023: A Roundup of the Past Two Months
If the past sixty days have taught us anything it would be firearms manufacturers haven’t even started to peak. The world's leading firearms manufacturers have unveiled a slew of new pistols that redefine performance, aesthetics, and usability. Every time a new pistol is launched, we believe it is the best they can do. In the immortal words of Harry, from Dumb and Dumber, “You totally redeemed yourself!” Without further ado, here's a dip into the latest pistol launches from the industry's giants.
Noteworthy: This piece has some affiliate links included, which means Gun Talk may receive a slight commission if an individual orders one of these sweet firearms. Please do, we appreciate the help.
1. Glock G47 MOS
- Why it stands out: Continuing the lineage of Glock's trusted handguns, the G47 MOS originally launched for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection in 2019. However, this darling recently launched for the regular folks. It offers the same reliability and performance as the G17 Gen5 MOS. Plus, it was featured on this season of Build Box.
- Ideal for: Concealed carry, Competition, and self-defense.
2. Sig Sauer P365-AXG Legion
- Why it stands out: Sig Sauer's P365-AXG Legion stands out with its heavier feel and its distinctive Legion markings. This thing sings XMacro, but adds a Legion touch like only Sig can do. With its signature X-Ray3 Day/Night sights and an AXG grip module, it promises precision and customization in one package.
- Ideal for: Personal protection, concealed carry, and law enforcement.
3. Beretta APX A1 Carry
- Why it stands out: The APX A1 Carry is Beretta's answer to the demand for slim, powerful, and reliable subcompacts. Featuring a new grip texture and improved slide profile, it's built for everyday carry.
- Ideal for: Daily carry and home defense.
4. Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Full Size Series Performance Center
- Why it stands out: Let’s discuss the Performance Center elephant in the room. The M&P M2.0 Performance Center in 10mm is a massive performer. With an enhanced trigger, a 15-round magazine capacity, and optics-ready slide, the Performance Center variant is a true game-changer.
- Ideal for: Self-defense and hunting.
5. CZ P-10 C
- Why it stands out: Building on the success of their renowned series, CZ's P-10 C introduces an integral optics-ready slide, a threaded barrel for suppressors, and ambidextrous controls, making it a versatile pick for various scenarios.
- Ideal for: Tactical applications and self-defense.
Conclusion: A New Era of Handgun Excellence
The last two months have shown that the world's top pistol manufacturers aren't resting on their laurels. From enhanced ergonomics to improved firepower and cutting-edge technology, 2023 is setting a new standard in handgun innovation. For enthusiasts and professionals alike, these latest offerings promise reliability, accuracy, and an unparalleled shooting experience. ~ Gun Talk Staff